Yesterday was one such day. I had the best time indulging my creativity and allowing myself (without guilt) to play. I gathered what fabric I had and decided upon the beautiful brown floral that was used to reupholster my dining room chairs. I was able to piece together enough to get a small purse and huge tote! This was one of those times that the pack rat in me paid off because I had every supply that was needed, from the toggles to the needlepoint wool.
Check it out...
I used green fabric to line the purse and the needlepoint wool to create the blanket and straight stitching around the edges. I had the toggles left over from a project YEARS ago - lucky break.
I used a few beads to add to one flower on the front.
The leather strap (on both the tote and purse) as well as the pocket shown here was from a leather purse I found at Goodwill some time back. I completely took it apart and cut as much leather as I could get from the original purse. Thanks to the old Singer I have, I was able to attach the leather pocket with decorative stitching. Attaching the pocket was no easy feat. It took a couple of tries because the leather was EXTREMELY soft and kept bunching.
The flower was made from scrap fabric and another piece of the scrap leather. I added a button to the center. (It's more green than the picture reveals.)
The strap was attached with an additional scrap of fabric.
The lining on this one was from beautiful green linen I had. I added pockets to the inside for my cell, which I absolutely HATE digging around for in large bag.