Really! I'm so not a baker. My model is. She asked Santa for a Kitchenaid stand mixer when she was 10. Since then I've only used it once - for mashed potatoes. Here's the skinny. We had these frozen apples and Mr. W threatened to toss them out if I didn't do something. So I did something. I made applesauce cranberry bread. Really!
But first, join me and the Soph-monster for our daily walk.
Discovered baby blackberries right next to the house. YES!
Sophie cornered a frog.
It was the one that got away.
Oh well. Life goes on.
About that bread...
I found the recipe here, but changed it a bit. Here's my version.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup raisins (optional) (I substituted Craisins)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend in applesauce, and then sour cream or buttermilk. Mix in flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon. Stir in raisins. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 80 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
It was delish. I'm proud. Nobody got sick.
I shall have it for breakfast tomorrow.
And for my afternoon snack.
And evening snack.
Anybody know of a good diet?