focus on life: create

image-4c
Something about the simplicity of irregular circles and pale, cheerful color draws me in like a moth to the flame these days. My digital obsession has taken root every night of the week as I sit and sketch (mostly) simple things.  I adore this new app.  This is but one of the sketches from the past week.  Others from this app are here and here.

I've been watching and reading Sally Russick's Focus on Life series for several weeks now. This  activity is based on a wonderful premise and, yes, I was sucked right in as this weeks word was "CREATE" - moth to the flame. :)

Courtney  – (January 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM)

Love - but then you are crazy talented! :) Have to find that app now 'cause I can.not.draw!

Patti Van  – (January 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM)

Lori, everything you touch becomes art! I did follow your link to the app the other day and may actually try it out! Today's art that you have posted here is my favorite and reminds me of upcoming spring showers and (hopefully) gorgeous blooms to follow!

Shel  – (January 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM)

You're ubber amazing when it comes to art - even digital art - holy cow that's cool girl!!

Katherine at Terra Beadworks  – (January 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM)

That is a cool app no doubt but I think if I had your extraordinary talent I would stick to pen, paper and ink. Your drawings have a quality that is rarely seen - gorgeous! Your bags are another example of exquisite art.

Alice  – (January 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM)

What sweet flowers! I've never done art digitally but it sounds like fun. Glad you are playing along with us!

A Polymer Penchant  – (January 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM)

well call me a moth, this is beautiful and I am totally drawn to it! you have definitely piqued my interest in exploring this app

Beti Horvath  – (January 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM)

Lovely little drawing. and with the computer? Wow!

MaryL  – (January 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM)

I just love your sketch book art!! :)

Mary K. McGraw  – (January 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM)

Looks like a fun app. Love your digital art.

Tanya  – (January 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM)

Lori, I love your sketches. They are always so full of color and life. I am going to check that app out for my kiddo (our resident artist).

Becky Pancake  – (January 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM)

Your pic looks so cheerful and inviting. Thanx for sharing.

Marlene Cupo  – (January 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM)

It is so much fun to find totally new ways to express your creativity. Beautiful drawing.

Lola  – (January 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM)

Your drawing is so lovely! I wish there was a "magic powers" app so I could draw something as beautiful as this!

Kathleen Lange Klik  – (January 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM)

Your digital drawing is very cheerful, I too am smitten with the colors! I can't believe you created that in a program on the computer, I would swear you put pencil to paper!

I look forward to seeing more!

Sally Russick  – (January 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM)

I did not expect this to be a digital drawing, WOW! I love simple too! Small bursts of cheery, carefree color against white, BEAUTIFUL! Whether digital or paper and watercolors your drawing are always wonderful! Thank you for jumping in! Now, I have to go check out some apps :)